StarTech.com Hot Swap Hard Drive Bay for 2.5″ SATA SSD HDD – USB 3.1 10Gbps Enclosure – Mobile Rack 3.5″ / 5.25″ Bay – Removable Hard Drive Bay gift ideas for men StarTech.com20.475Technology > Drives and Media
StarTech.com Hot Swap Hard Drive Bay for 2.5″ SATA SSD HDD – USB 3.1 10Gbps Enclosure – Mobile Rack 3.5″ / 5.25″ Bay – Removable Hard Drive Bay – This hot-swap hard drive bay turns your 2.5″” SATA hard drive or solid-state drive into a removable drive that you can use as a regular external USB 3.1 enclosure.
Hot swap your SATA storage
Mount the removable SATA drive bay into any 3.5″” or 5.25″” front bay, to provide a hot-swappable mobile rack. This makes it easy to install and remove the drive from the computer system without having to open the case every time, and provides a more convenient way to create backups that you can remove for data recovery and archiving.
Make your data portable
If you need access to your data outside of the office, you can use the enclosure portion as a standard USB 3.1 (10Gbps) enclosure — a powerful external storage solution when you need access to your files while you’re on the road.
Simply eject the enclosure from the bay for portable data storage. Its lightweight, compact design makes it easy to tuck into a laptop bag or carrying case. The enclosure includes a Micro-USB to USB-A and a Micro-USB to USB-C cable, so you can plug the enclosure into your laptop and access your data anywhere you go.
Add scalability to your storage
For even more versatility, StarTech.com offers the S251BU31REMD, an extra 2.5″” SATA Drive Enclosure for the S251BU31REM, providing multiple enclosures that can be swapped in and out of the main computer.
The S251BU31REM backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- Hot-swap your 2.5″ SSD and HDD drives
- Unique enclosure style design provides the option to use as an internal mobile rack or an external USB 3.1 enclosure
- Access your data offline with a portable USB 3.1 (10Gbps) drive enclosure
- One USB-C to Micro-USB cable and one USB-A to Micro-USB cable included for compatibility with your USB-C and USB-A laptop
- Front-mount drive bay design installs into any standard 3.5″ or 5.25″ bay
- Push-button drive ejection from the front-mount bay
- High-quality vented metal enclosure provides enhanced heat dissipation
- Compatible with SATA revision 1/2/3 (1.5/3.0/6.0Gbps) drives
- Supports 2.5″ form factor SATA hard drives (HDD) and solid-state drives (SSD)