StarTech.com USB 3.0 to SATA or IDE Hard Drive Adapter Converter 5 year anniversary gift StarTech.com12.993Technology > Networking and Cables
StarTech.com USB 3.0 to SATA or IDE Hard Drive Adapter Converter – Connect a 2.5in / 3.5in SATA or IDE Hard Drive through a USB 3.0 Port. The USB3SSATAIDE USB 3.0 to IDE/SATA Adapter Cable connects any standard 2.5in or 3.5in SATA or IDE hard drive to a computer through an available USB 3.0 Port (Backward compatible with USB 2.0). The adapter lets you connect a bare drive with no enclosure, saving time and hassle.
The USB 3.0 SATA/IDE Adapter lets you externally connect a bare drive with no drive enclosure or HDD dock required, and features LED indicators that allow you to easily monitor status and activity updates.
The adapter cable works with Windowsandreg;, Linux, and Macandreg; computers and does not require any software or driver installation – a true plug-and-play solution for adding cost-effective external storage, or overcoming incompatibility between all hard drives and USB enabled motherboards that may not be SATA or IDE-equipped.
Backed by our 2-year warranty, the USB3SSATAIDE USB 3.0 to IDE/SATA Adapter Cable comes complete with universal adapter and power cords, providing the additional power required to connect 3.5-inch and larger capacity 2.5-inch hard drives.
- Built in connectors for both 2.5in and 3.5in SATA Hard Drives (HDDs) and SATA Solid State Drives (SSDs) and IDE hard drives
- LED indicators provide status and activity updates
- Maximum transfer rate of 5Gbps using USB 3.0; 480Mbps with USB 2.0
- Compact, portable form factor
- Compliant with USB specification Rev 2.0 and 3.0
- Hot swap and plug and play compatible